- 250 ml semi-skimmed milk
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp of vanilla essence
- 2 bananas, cut a few slices and then mash the rest
- 150 ml light cream
1. To make the custard, heat the semi-skimmed milk in a saucepan, being careful not to let it boil! In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg yolk, cornflour, sugar and vanilla essence.
2. Being very slow and careful, pour the warm milk into the whisked egg mixture and stir continuously. If you add the milk too fast, the heat will scramble the egg so take your time and keep whisking gently!
3. Pour the mixture back in the saucepan and place on a low heat. Keep whisking the mix until it gets thicker and starts to bubble.
4. Remove the mix from the heat and pour into a bowl, cover and leave in the fridge to cool for around 30 minutes.
5. Once cold, remove the custard from the fridge, stir in the mashed banana, reserving the slices for garnishing.
6. Whisk the cream until thick and fold into the banana and custard mixture.
7. Spoon into 4 glasses and top with leftover banana slices.
8. Enjoy your sweet treat!