Nutritional informationPer serving
- 3 sweet potatoes, cut into chunks
- 190g bag spinach
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 8 chicken thighs, skinless and boneless
- 500ml chicken stock
For the spice paste
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 red chilli, chopped
- 1 tsp paprika
- Thumb-sized piece ginger, grated
- 400g can tomatoes
- Pumpkin seeds, toasted
- 4 naan bread
- Place sweet potato in a large saucepan over a high heat. Cover with boiling water and leave to boil for 10 mins.
- While this is boiling, put all the paste ingredients in a food processor and blend until chopped quite finely. Set aside.
- Put spinach in a large colander in the sink and pour the sweet potatoes and their cooking water over it to drain the potatoes and wilt the spinach at the same time. Leave to steam-dry.
- Return the saucepan to the heat and add the oil and the spice paste. Fry the paste for about 5 mins until thickened, then add the chicken and fry for 8-10 mins until the chicken starts to brown. Pour over the stock, bring to the boil and leave to simmer for about 10 mins.
- Cut into the chicken thigh to check that it is cooked, it should be white with no pink bits. Season with black pepper, then add the sweet potato. Leave to simmer for a further 5 mins. Meanwhile, chop the spinach and add to the stew.
- Sprinkle with the pumpkin seeds and serve with warm naan bread on the side.