Nutritional Information (per serve)
Ingredients (serves 1)
- 50g cooked couscous (plain or infused/flavoured)
- 1 handful of baby spinach / lettuce
- 1 cup (10) cherry tomatoes
- ¼ medium cucumber
- 20g (½ small ball) mozzarella
- 2 tsp sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons salad dressing of choice*
- ⅓ cup (80ml) olive oil
- 2 tablespoons (30ml) lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon honey
- Salt and pepper to taste
Step 1: Preparing your vegetables
- Spinach / lettuce: roughly chop
- Cherry tomatoes: cut in half
- Cucumber: Slice in quarters lengthwise, then slice horizontally to desired thickness
Step 2: Making your own salad dressing (optional)
- Mix the lemon, Dijon mustard and honey together.
- Vigorously mix the mixture into the oil until an emulsion is formed.
- Season to taste.
Step 3: Putting it all together
- Add all the vegetables in a bowl.
- Sprinkle the couscous over the vegetables.
- Slice the mozzarella into squares and add to salad with sunflower seeds.
- Dress your salad with 2 tablespoons of your salad dressing of choice.