Caramelised onion burgers
Nutritional Information (per serve)
Ingredients (Serves 1)
- 1 small brown onion
- 70g mushrooms
- 1 tsp crushed garlic
- ½ tsp Italian herbs
- 1 medium tomato
- Olive oil spray (1-second spray)
- 140g extra lean beef mince
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- Small bunch parsley, finely chopped
- Pepper, to taste
- 25g lettuce
- 1 whole grain burger bun
Set oven to warm
Step 1: Onions, mushrooms and tomato
- Finely slice the mushrooms and onion.
- Place a non-stick frying pan onto medium heat, spray oil spray for 1 second, add mushrooms and onions.
- Add garlic and mixed herbs and sauté until mushrooms and onions are golden-brown, approximately 5-6 minutes.
- Remove and place in a bowl to set in the oven to remain warm.
- Using the same chopping board - slice the tomato into the desired size.
Step 2: Burger patty
- Take minced meat and add pepper, cumin, paprika and chopped parsley. Mix together.
- Create one or two tightly compacted mince-balls and then flatten to desired thickness to create one large patty or two smaller patties.
- Add to a non-stick frying pan previously used for onions and mushrooms and cook for approximately 3 minutes per side (or until cooked as desired).
Step 3: Assemble
- Place the whole grain bun and place the patty on top
- Layer the tomato and lettuce on top of the patty
- Place onion and mushroom on top of all that
- Wheat (Gluten)