- 8 red peppers, halved and seeds removed
- 1½ brown onion, roughly chopped
- 8 tomatoes, quartered
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 3 vegetable stock cubes, made up with 1.75L boiling water
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tbsp tomato puree
- 150g reduced fat feta cheese
- Fresh basil or parsley
1. Preheat the oven to 200ºC.
2. Line a baking tray with a baking sheet. Place the pepper in the tray with the skin facing up. Next place in the onion, tomatoes and garlic.
3. Roast in the oven for 30 minutes or until the peppers are slightly charred and soft.
4. Place all the roasted vegetables and all the remaining ingredients apart from the feta into a large saucepan.
5. Mix well and bring to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer uncovered for 20 minutes.
6. Remove the pan from the heat and add in half the feta. Using a blender whisk until smooth.
7. Pour the soup into a bowl and top with the remaining feta. Finish with your choice of fresh herbs (we like basil or parsley!)