- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 red peppers, diced
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 fresh chilli, deseeded and diced
- 7 mushrooms sliced
- 1 courgette, diced
- 4 carrots, diced
- 400g reduce fat minced beef
- 1-2 tsp chilli powder (depending on your spice threshold!)
- 2 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp mixed italian herbs
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 2 tins chopped tomatoes
- 2 beef stock cubes (made with 250ml boiling water)
- 1 tin kidney beans
- Chopped cilantro, to serve
1. Add the oil to a medium sized pan and saute the onions, peppers, chilli, garlic, mushrooms, courgette and carrots on a medium heat until the veggie are tender.
2. Add in the mince and cook until brown.
3. Next add in the chilli powder, worcestershire sauce, italian herbs and cook for another minute.
4. Place in the tomato puree and chopped tomatoes, and stir until combined.
5. In a small bowl place the 2 stock cubes and 250ml of boiling water and mix until the stock has dissolved. Pour the stock into the pan and mix.
6. Bring the mixture to a boil, then lower the heat, cover and allow to simmer on low heat for 40 minutes, occasionally stirring.
7. Add in the drained kidney beans and allow to simmer for another 15 minutes.
8. Serve in bowls and sprinkle with chopped cilantro! This chilli is definitely hearty enough to be enjoyed on it’s own but you can also serve with a side of brown rice (just remember to account for the extra calories!).