- 2 low-fat sausages, cooked and sliced
- 4 bacon medallions, cooked
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 6 mushrooms, sliced
- 4 tomatoes, sliced
- 8 eggs
- 2 tbsp yoghurt
- Pinch of sea salt
- Ground black pepper
- 1 handful chopped fresh parsley or basil
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C.
2. In a saucepan cook the sausages, bacon medallions and zucchini until the meat is cooked through and zucchini is soft.
3. Grease the bottom of a round cake tin or oven dish. Place the sausage slices at the bottom and arrange the cooked bacon medallions and zucchini slices on top of the sausages, followed by the sliced mushrooms and sliced tomatoes.
4. In a large bowl place the eggs, yoghurt and the seasonings, then thoroughly whisk the mixture until there are no lumps. Pour the egg mixture over the layered meat and vegetables and finish with the parsley or basil on the top.
5. Bake for 30 minutes, or until the quiche has started to turn golden in colour.
6. Slice the quiche into 6 portions.
7. Can be enjoyed by itself, or accompanied by a side salad for lunch.
You can store the remaining quiche in an airtight container in the fridge for around 3 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months!