- 250g sushi rice
- 1½ tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 sheets of nori
- 1 carrot
- ½ a bell pepper
- ½ a cucumber
- ½ a avocado
- Roasted white sesame seeds (optional)
1. Place the rice into a small pan with 400ml water, let it soak for 25 minutes. Bring to a boil on a medium heat and cover with a lid. Simmer on a low heat for 10 minutes until the water has been absorbed by the rice. Mix the sugar with the vinegar in a bowl and drizzle over the rice. Allow to cool before using for about 20 minutes.
2. Remove the seeds from the pepper and slice the vegetables into strips.
3. Put one sheet of nori on a bamboo sushi mat, and lay the cooked rice over the sheet, leaving a small gap at the top. Arrange the vegetables on top in a horizontal line.
4. Start to roll the mat from the near edge. If the filling starts to spill out, place it back in with your fingers. Separate the roll from the mat and cut into 7 pieces and then repeat the process with the second sheet of nori.
5. Serve on a plate and top with the sesame seeds along with a sauce of your choice, we recommend soy!