- 9 chicken thighs (skinless & boneless)
- 250g low fat natural yoghurt
- 1 1/2 tbsp garam masala or curry powder
- 1/2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tbsp paprika
- 1/2 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 onion
- 1 cucumber
- 1 tomato
- 1 iceberg lettuce
- 6 mini pitta to serve
1. In a large bowl combine all the ingredients, aside from the chicken thighs.
2. Add the chicken to the marinating mix and ensure that it is well coated.
3. Cover the mix and leave in the fridge for 2 hours (or as long as possible!).
4. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Chop the ends off of the onion and insert three skewers. Carefully thread the pieces of marinated chicken onto the skewers.
5. Place the skewers upright on a baking tray and cook in the oven for roughly 90 minutes at 180°C.
6. While the chicken is cooking, slice up the cucumber, tomato and lettuce (or any other veggies you’d like).
7. Once the chicken is cooked (should be white all the way through and juices running clear) remove from the oven and leave to cool for a few minutes.
8. Slice the chicken and serve in the pitta bread with your chopped veggies.