Counterweight coronation chickpeas
Nutritional information (per serve)
- 1 fresh mango (chopped) or 250g frozen mango
- 3 tbsp water
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 400g chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 100g low fat yoghurt
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 tbsp sugar (or can swap for granulated sweetener)
- ½ tsp garlic granules
- ½ red onion, diced
- ½ red pepper, diced
- 1 bunch of coriander, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- In a small saucepan add the mango, 3 tablespoons water and the red wine vinegar.
- Place a lid on the saucepan and leave to simmer on a low heat for 10 minutes or until the mango has tenderised.
- When the mangos are soft remove from the heat and leave to cool, then mash or blend into a puree.
- In a bowl combine the mango puree, yoghurt, curry powder, garlic granules and sweetener.
- Mix in the chickpeas, pepper, onion and coriander and season with salt and pepper.
- All done! These chickpeas are delicious by themselves or atop a fresh iceberg lettuce leaf!
Nov 15, 2021 • Posted by Bridget
How many servings is this recipe? Thanks